11.13.2008

Tops Continued.....

Awwww, my babies!! Did you miss me? I'm sorry, your Chick went out last night, had a blast. Nothing anime related, I'm sorry to say, but it was still all good. You know your girl looked good too. ;) Anyways...I know I was gone for a while, but I'm back now and I'm finishing up my Top Ten that I started. Like I said, don't forget, no real special ranking on these. Chick's got plenty of love for all. Ok, so.....

#6

Sailor Moon R

That's right. Sailor Moon. Has been and always will be a favorite of mine. I will admit that the movies are a bit more interesting than perhaps the first season, but with most things, it has its moments. SMR is adding some depth to the romance of Serena and Darien (Usagi and Mamoru to us Moonies) with a touch of murder thrown in for kicks as an old friend of Darien's returns and is supremely jealous of the relationship between our two lovers. Now my question is, why hate on my girl? Yeah, she's clumsy, a crybaby, and the girl couldn't make an A in class to save her life, but that's why we love her. Besides, when it comes to protecting her friends and her man, she's all about the business. Better watch out. Those ponytails are lethal.

#7

Howl's Moving Castle

I do appreciate the whole fairytale concept of changing a person's outward appearance until their inner character improves for the better and there really isn't another storyline that has this happen to two characters or two main characters for that matter. Now my girl Sophie really didn't need to be changed, she just ticked off the wrong witch, but Howl seriously needed it. A grown man acting like a three year old child? Stop it. Overall, it makes for a good story, magic and sorcery, politics, a talking flame, a rather hilarious dog, a little bit of romance thrown in, I could watch this again and again.

#8

Memories

This one is seriously underrated in my opinion. A lot of people think that you need a big name director or producer (i.e., Rin Tarou, Miyazaki) to have a great anime. This one's got three!Memories is a series of stories, 3 stories, told by different directors, Koji Morimoto (Animatrix), Tensai Okamura (Wolf's Rain, love it!!!!) and Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira. Put that in your collection. NOW.) Each story is done differently so this way you get a good feel of how each director works, how their style flows. It's good for first timers and veterans because while the stories aren't related, that's what it's all about and these stories are good.

#9

Spirited Away

Yes, another Miyazaki, but only because it is one of the best feature length animes to date. The whole story grips you from beginning to end, the animation is fluid, the graphics breathtaking, the script....perfection. I don't want to retell the whole story because it's something that should be watched by every anime fan worldwide, but to describe it briefly, Chihiro is a young girl traveling to a new home with her parents when they end at a tunnel leading....to the spirit world. Her parents are taken away and Chihiro must work in order to get them back. The new friends and experiences she has through her ordeal causes her to grow and evolve in heart and character so that by the time the movie is over, you have no doubt that Chihiro can handle anything thrown her way, schoolyard bullies included.

#10

Angel Sanctuary

Not technically a movie, but an Original Animated Video (OAV) that spans only 1 VHS tape in animation. That's about 3 episodes. The manga goes a lot further, but the only reason I picked up the first book of the GN is because of the movie. Angels, rebellions, demons, death, and yes, even some incest and graphic violence in the mix will grab yoy by the lapels and hold you til the end when you suddenly say, "What?.....no...no.....NO!!!" You don't want this story to end, it's like a drug, you need more, you need to know more, you want to get lost in this possible apocalyptic world where angels and demons wage war. The only reason you'd be disappointed with Angel Sancutary is that anime-wise, there is no more to had. But that's ok, my friends. Go out and exercise your right to protest! I WANT MORE SETSUNA!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment