11.08.2008

Let's Talk

Let's talk anime, my friends. Let's talk old, new, classic, current, the really good and the really really bad. Yes, believe it or not, there is some BAD anime out there. But we can get to that later. To all my newbie babies out there, welcome to the Chick's page. That's right, I'm a girl who can talk shop when it comes to anime. Why? Because I know what I'm talking about! Got an issue with what I say? It's cool, boo, get at me and we can debate this if you want to get down like that. Some people can turn it into a sport, I swear. But back to the issue at hand, babies. So what is anime? Very simple, it's Japanese animation that spans so many different genres, from action to scifi, horror to romance, girl groups, boy bands, ninja clans,  from big mechanical machines to the grossest monsters. There's an anime series out there for everyone, trust me on this. So let's get to the nitty-gritty. 
"So, Chick, I'm new on this anime scene. What would you recommend me watch to get my cherry popped?"
So glad you asked, baby.
My very first anime was Dragonball Z. Yeah, I know, I know, bad anime. (Yea, I said it.) However, I would suggest, that in order to make your beginning foray into the vast world of anime, try a few episodes. Dragonball Z was one of the first animes to actually hit the scene in America and introduce us to a new wave of cartoons. (Thank you, Toonami.) This was back in '96 and for the time, it was pretty hard-hitting stuff. Big guy, little head, fast action, lot of violence, a bit of dimension warping thrown in for good measure. It was a good love affair for a while, then I moved on to bigger and much much better. If not DBZ, if all that head smashing is just too much for you, then I would suggest Bleach. This is a very good series with a lot of action for the guys and a bit of romance for my girls. The story line will suck you in almost immediately, ghosts, bad deaths, a talking stuffed animal. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.  My third suggestion would be Case Closed (Detective Conan). This one is a bit more mental than the others, so for all my intellectual babies out there, this would be right up your alley.
 Now, should you be able to get past that and want to work on more involving, more entertaining, or just overall more visually pleasing animes, then get back at me. There are more than a few Top Ten Lists all over this Web and of course I have mine, but that's for another day. 


Check back with the Chick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment