11.22.2008

New Anime Releases

So Gurren Lagann came out on DVD on tuesday, and for a sci-fi mecha type of anime, I kinda like this one. I am not a mecha fan (except for Gundam wing and only for Duo), but I have to admit that Gurren Lagann is a guilty pleasure of mine. I started watching it on Ani-Mondays on the Sci-Fi channel and while it starts off a little kooky, it's a great watch the further the story-line gets. Episodes #1-9 are out now, that rest not out til January '09, so check this one out, my little mecha-heads.

Another good chick release is Peach Girl Complete Collection. I got into the manga a bit more than I thought I would, but its' a good story of chick/best friend, BF's betrayal, chick caught between two very hot guys, the regular high drama. Some girls can relate to the BF, though. She's a snotty little bitch who needs her ass whupped, but at times you'll feel for her. 

Now this is what I'm really excited about. Phoenix the Complete Collection is coming out on November 25th. Save the date, babies! This is one of the most intriguing and intense animes ever. If you thought the manga was badass, you need to watch the anime and just get sucked in. The animation is not as breathtaking as maybe Bloodlust or as graphic as X or Berserk, but the stories will draw you in and won't let you go. And the price is beautiful.....$22.98. Get it at www.animecornerstore.com. 

Later, babies. Get at your Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment