7.14.2010

So ANNOYING!!!!

Can we talk? I mean, seriously, just sit down and talk about this? Can someone, anyone, please tell me why we have such annoying animes out there???? Don't get me wrong, your Chick loves the comedy.....if it's funny. School Rumble.....you are not. If I have to sit through one more episode of misunderstandings and miscommunications, I'm going to scream. Just when I think my baby Harima is thisclose to finally telling his long time crush, Tenma, just how he feels, the other characters get in the way. For anyone not familiar with this anime, lemme break it down for ya. Tenma is a sophomore in high school who isn't the brightest bulb in the storage room, but she's a good girl, down for her friends and all that. While she may look like a middle school student, she's really the oldest of her and sis Yakumo, who by the way acts like she's the oldest in taking care of Tenma, cooking, housekeeping and overall domestic stuff. Harima is the tough guy of the series, the obvious deliquent with his sunglasses and older-guy mustache, but also a decent guy with a problem in telling Tenma how he feels about her. An aspiring manga artist, Harima is talented with animals too, which in turn sparks a friendship with Yakumo. However, Tenma has a crush herself on quiet Karasuma, who seems to be crushing on.....curry. (Yea, he's a weird dude). Sis Yakumo also has an admirer, Haruki, and with so many other student characters thrown in the mix, believe me, there is more blundering and misinterpretations than you can throw a geta at. When I first started watching this series, I didnt think that it would take the entire series for anyone to start to say anything of consequence to each other. You could not believe all the things that should have been said versus all the things that were misunderstood because someone didn't say enough.

Now I'm all for the guy getting the girl and happy endings and riding off into the sunset, but School Rumble, you really take the cake on this one. I know some people out there love this anime strictly because it's light and fluffy and a real make-you-feel-good type of series, but there has to be a point to all of this flailing about. Oh well.....on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment